Julie Rylie's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Aug 03, 12

bookshelves: zombie-love
Read from June 27 to July 16, 2012

It’s with sadness that I declare, this book was mainly boring and if it’s copied almost literally from the original I’ll never read the real Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (even though I have it already) because it’s a waste of time.

I liked that he used the language from the era to express himself like, for example, the zombies were called “the unmentionables” and that was sweet. He could catch my attention at some parts but yes, I had great expectations (as I always do, towards zombie stuff) and they were not fulfilled.

There was not enough zombie slaughter and the thing that they were taught by Japanese ninjas or Chinese monks the martial arts and how to survive the zombie apocalypse it’s just plain stupid, especially at that time, how come they could travel all over the world to China or Japan with zombies all over the place? Bullshit! And he mentions Jack O lanterns at some point, and I’m pretty sure at that time they didn’t celebrate pagan festivities.

Enough said.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

07/13/2012 page 270