Michael's Reviews > Spider-Man

Spider-Man by Kaare Andrews

Aug 06, 11

bookshelves: comics, comics-superheroes, spider-man
Read in November, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 2

I love this Spider-man story. I loved this comic so much that after buying the single issues I bought the trade for it. I feel it's a comic master piece. If you love Spider-man you need to read this comic. Now if you've never read Spider-man, this comic won't make as much sense, but who cares about that.

Kaare Andrews art is beautiful. I could look at the way Spider-man is drawn all day. The style is one of the main things that drew me into the comic. The story is good too. It's Spider-man in the near future and that future is bleak, but what future isn't? It seems that when ever anyone does a future in books, movies, or comics it's bleak. So it's the near future and Peter Parker is no longer spider-man. Parker might have Alzheimer's and he might not, we do know he's a little off. Reign is a police force that is brutal. They take care of business. If you have super-powers you don't want to run into these guys. They'll take you down. So the story is all about how Parker has to become Spider-man again. He must save New York city from one last great disaster. The real question is, can he? He's old and not all there. This might be his last stand.

I know it totally sounds like the Dark Knight Returns, but it's Spider-man! Spider-man in my opinion is always better than Batman. He's just a cooler character all around. So deal with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spider-Man.