Yasmin M's Reviews > When Irish Guys Are Smiling

F 50x66
Aug 07, 2011

it was ok
Read in August, 2011

Boring, childish and rather random.

I only read it because I absolutely love Ireland and I thought maybe it would be like "Anna and the french kiss" which had deep characters and a good plot. This meanwhile has very shallow characters and no depth or dimensions to anything whether be it the plot, the ending, the conversations or even the climax [there pretty much wasn't a climax]

I specifically disliked Pather because honestly, he was one of the most boring heroes ever! Irish men have a reputation to uphold..he kicked all that to the dirt by being Mr-Goody-two-shoes who got swept off his feet by the first tourist girl that looked like his sister and mother. Disturbing.

Bottom line, there's nothing to read here. No road to self discovery, no heart wrenching romance, no dilemma, no point and more importantly no Irish guys smiling!! Seriously, the title is so misleading!! There's only ONE Irish guy in the book and he's very moderate and mediocre for all that! For God's sake he's only 19...No one wants to read about a struggling Irish farmer with bushy eyebrows and an amiable character! We want mystery, intrigue, an Irish hot guy with Irish eyes, wit and charm!

I guess since this book didn't fit my bill, I'll just have to keep looking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Irish Guys Are Smiling.

message 1: by CLM (new) - rated it 3 stars

CLM I think you need to read Jewels of the Sun!