Quintin Merwe's Reviews > Brother Odd

Brother Odd by Dean Koontz

Aug 06, 2011

Read in January, 2005

Initially, this book started off on the same pace as the other books and I almost got worried that this one is going to just be the same thing all over again. Even though I raved about the first two books, if he kept on telling the same story just with a slight twist here and there, I would have been very disappointed.
Luckily this book is a step up from the previous books (not that they weren't great also) and I was captivated by the new mystery - you'll have to read it to understand what I mean by this.
The humor in the book again very well balanced with a 'tense-ish' story line to maintain the balance just well enough that the reading experience is pure joy and the reader simply has to know what happens next. A very good recovery was made from creating the idea that the enemy in this story is just too fanciful to be believed, even for the folks that do believe in ghosts, but everything was brought into perspective at exactly the right time.
My disappointment at the end of the book due to a 'loss' and a 'new found' friend did not tickle my fancy though, so looking forward to see how this plays out in the next novel.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brother Odd.