Quintin Merwe's Reviews > Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

Aug 06, 2011

Read in January, 2005

Now this was unexpected. Dean Koontz uses a VERY fair share of humor to lighten the mood of the reader in this book. This is not what I typically consider a Dean Koontz book, but I found myself pleasantly surprised.
The main character is a 'simple' guy called Odd and covers the strange story that leads to the emotional 'twisty' end, and also fills a lot of the gaps about the character's life during the telling of this tale.
The superior writing style of this top author is still very prominent throughout the book and in fact, I think I like him even more than I did before!
The situation is riveting and kept me reading until the early hours of the morning and I still found myself laughing out loud at some of the creative situations Odd finds himself in as well as the things he says and jokes he makes. Oddly enough (no pun intended) he is the kind of guy I would like to have as a buddy even if just for the entertainment he provides. I still experienced emotion and felt sorry for him at parts of the book - totally captured in the reading frenzy called Odd Thomas!
Should you not like terror and horror type books, I would strongly suggest you try this one due to its uniqueness and you would not be disappointed.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Odd Thomas.