Quintin Merwe's Reviews > The Fury / Dark Reunion

The Fury / Dark Reunion by L.J. Smith

Aug 06, 11

Read in April, 2011

Not too impressed with the differences between the books and the tv show. To be honest, I was never an avid fan of the tv show and I realize that I feel the same about the books.
It is something to read and you get more detail, but o. The negative side... The books are very predictable.
Another small concern (a really trivial one at best) is the difference in hair colour. For someone who has not watched the tv show, this would not be any kind of issue, but I found myself mentally stuck for a second each time I read about Elena's blonde hair.
In my opinion, the writer should keep the plot simple enough so that it is not messed up with a lame attempt at putting a 'twist in the tale'. This is not your strong point, so don't go there!
I have read worse and am most probably writing this from a devil's advocate outlook; I can't help it, because it always happens when I read these so called high profile books. Still gave it three stars though, so not that I would recommend this book to any one - but I also would not dissuade them from doing so. Everyone has their own taste, so I can imagine this book being a big hit amongst the younger generation.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fury / Dark Reunion.