Haley ~ YA-Aholic's Reviews > Descended by Blood

Descended by Blood by Angeline Kace

Aug 06, 2011

Read in January, 2011

"Will you mess up my bed with me?"

What a wondrous read this turned out to be! Descended by Blood by Angeline Kace has left me at awh as to how to put my thoughts on the computer screen. Descended by Blood takes on a paranormal that I for one am very picky about, vampires. I am a very picky person with vampire books, a lot of vampire books I have read in the past, have not appealed all that much to me. Descended by Blood was great. I loved it. I loved the characters I loved the world that Angeline so awesome-ly put together..I just loved this book.

Descended by Blood is in the eyes of Brooke, Brooke is a normal teenage girl she has her best friend Kaitlynn, and her new boyfriend Jaren who she is completly in love with. Brookes normal life gets turned upside down when she realizes she is being stalked by a strange man. One day while hanging out with Jaren the strange man breaks into Jarens apartment and attacks them and tries to kidnap Brooke..Brooke kills this man..and the scary part is? It was easy. Now Brookes whole life is being flipped, she is finding out she is half vampire, and her dad that she has never met is a very powerful vampire. Now Brooke has to hide, because someone is after her. Not only does Brooke have to hide, so does Kaitlynn, and so does Jaren who since finding out Brooke is half-vampire has said they need to take a break.

As if Brookes life isn't already complicated enough she also has Mirko, Mirko is there guide to taking them into hiding. Mirko is snarky, cocky, and a totally hot vampire. Even though he tries to act cool, Brooke knows deep down he is caring, and now she is finding herself caring for him in just the same way, but her and Jaren are still talking and her heart doesn't know what to do.

Descended by Blood was an amazing read, even though I feel the love between Jaren and Brooke didn't make as much sense. I am hoping that means that her and Mirko will be together in the end. The characters in this book were amazing, Brooke is such a strong character, but knows when to show her emotions. Kaitlynn is a wonderful delight for a best friend, Jaren is caring, but he was my least favorite character, he breaks up with Brooke after finding out she is half-vampire, but then right as soon as Mirko shows intrest in Brooke he gets protective of her, if he truely 'loved' her like he says over and over he does he would've went along things differently.

Mirko...ah Mirko I could talk about him alllll day long. He is sexy, he is cocky, but he is also caring and protective..and 100% yummy. I absoultely adored him. He was my favorite character of all, Angeline put him together perfetly. I seriously am gonna freak out if this series ends with Brooke and Jaren.

Anyways, Descnded by Blood is a wonderful debut it had a beautiful combination of everything anyone could want in a series, there was love, there was loss, there was action there was everything. Descended by Blood has left me yearning for book two. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read. (:

He pulled away from me and cupped my head, stroking my outer ear lobe with his thumb. "Please choose me." he pleaded.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Descended by Blood.