Christianne 's Reviews > Watermelon

Watermelon by Marian Keyes

Aug 09, 11

bookshelves: will-read-again
Read in August, 2011

I literally fell in love with this novel! What happened to Claire is not far from reality. I liked it because of the truthfulness of the story, the honesty of emotions and the connection of the characters to each other.
I can honestly say that I somehow understand what Claire is going through. And I can assume that most can relate to Claire's situation. The story does happen in real life and is something that can happen to anybody. Whether you like it or not, life's unexpectancies can hit you hard in the face and leave you badly bitten. But at the same time, life goes on and there's no turning you back on it. You have to live through it, do your best to get your life back on track and hope for that best.
I liked that Claire had doubts all throughout the story. I liked that Claire had a loving family to support her. And I liked that Claire was brave enough to make the right but painful decision of leaving James. (I mean who needs a man like that - sorry, being a feminist here..) I also liked that Adam came to her life and helped her moved on. Adam made Claire realized that James was not worth it. I liked the fact Adam had a child, so he's on the same page as Claire and he somehow can understand what she's going through.
Anyway, all in all, me liking everything about this book equaled to me loving the book entirely! I will definitely, definitely read this book again! ♥ ♥ ♥ :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watermelon.

08/06/2011 page 356
82.0% "It's kinda getting annoying at this point of the story.. :p"
show 1 hidden update…