Nancy (NE)'s Reviews > Sworn to Silence

Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo

Aug 09, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read from August 06 to 09, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sworn to Silence.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki I keep staring at this on my shelf, saying I have to get to it. Heard so many good things!!

message 2: by Nancy (NE) (last edited Aug 06, 2011 05:38PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nancy (NE) Ok - sheer honesty here: I JUST finished reading the second book in the series by accident. It was one of those predictable crime writing - horrible murder, stereotypical hardened cops with some personal vice - and yet it is one of those stupid guilty pleasures to read some 'junk' once in a while. As you can see, I'm catching up on this one quickly after finishing the other. I need some diversion. OOT 3 weeks, including my Dad's surgery for cancer and today a daughter in the hospital for a couple hours with her Accutane induced GI tract issues. School starts Wed. and I'm depressed! So I'm going for pure entertainment!!!

message 3: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki I completely understand. I hate total predictability, but sometimes you just need it. My junk is my Stephanie Plum books. I can't believe you are going back already. I was antsy at the beginning of August because I go away on the 20th and I picked up some extra hours so I will be back on the 29th but actually starts the 1st. I think you got out much earlier though. I hope things go well with your family.

Nancy (NE) Ok Vicki - didn't put it to my feed, but I finished it. Yes it was another good junk read. So much violence that I know graphic murder stuff would put some folks way off. It doesn't bother me all that much - just never seems realistic enough to gross me out! The two main characters are dysfunctional cops who have some chemistry - which continues in book two. I wish in some ways I had read them in the correct order. Now I need to decide if I am going to do the third one?? Its not available in paperback on Amazon anymore except from other vendors. But used is fine with me - not cheap though. I'm surprised. If you like other crime genre, you would probably enjoy these. The one I think are well written are the Tana French books - REALLY enjoyed those.

Yes we are back so early. But we are also out the third week of May. I have spent most of the day in my classroom setting up and needed a break!! Have a good trip coming up and enjoy your last bit of summer!