AriaStuckinWonderland's Reviews > Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

"I am catastrophically in love with you"

Oh yeah baby! I am catastrophically in love with this freakin' awesome series!!

There are just no words to explain how much I just love everything ended. I was happy that everyone got their happily ever after, but I'm also sad that it's over.

For the fun part.. I did some INFERNAL DEVICES CASTING!!!

Guys, please don't judge me! I just have to be Tessa Gray. Tessa is one of the most luckiest female character I have ever read.. EVER! Two handsome and decent guys falling on their feet for you? How lucky is that? Haha. I know, I know. I look nothing like Tessa.. but.. but.. Please just forget you ever saw this. LOL. Let me have my fun.. :)

Okay so for the real review..

I don't think I'll be able to finish this review without being teary-eyed! It was just so damn beautiful. The words that they have spoken to each other, the relationship that was built despite all the troubles they've encountered... GAAAAAHHHHHH!! Just so beautiful.

Will made me love this book even more. I was never really that much of a Will Herondale fan but... In Clockwork Princess, he showed me the reason why he deserves Tessa, why he deserves all the fan adoration. He was a great character. He sacrificed so much for his parabatai, Jem, for Tessa and everyone from the Institute. He made this book great. On my review of the previous books, I've mentioned that I like Jem better than Will. Will won me over. He made me totally at his mercy.

Tessa Gray, you are very very lucky! I am so envious!

Almost all scenes with Jem in it made me cry. We all know Jem was dying right? So that's not really a spoiler but... The words exchanged between Jem and the other characters... *sob*

Jem was breaking my heart. Reading about how hard it has been going for him was breaking my heart. Also, the decision he made... My mouth just dropped. I was so fucking surprised. I was expecting a different out come from this series. I didn't expect it to be like that. OH MY JEM

What can I tell you guys about Tessa? Tessa's been through a lot of shit on this book, but then again, all of them had.
A traitor died.
An arrogant prick died.
Someone was trying to betray Charlotte.
Someone became a f*cking worm. NO JOKE
Someone got kidnapped.
Someone needed to change to live.
Someone is torn between his best friend and the woman he loves. (we all know who this is)
As for Tessa... She didn't know she had a guardian all this time. She had a protector but people still treat her like she's a fragile glass! Like I said, Tessa's so fortunate in a lot of ways.. That's why I wanna be like Tessa. :)

The Infernal Devices' plot is not mainly about romance, but it is its biggest selling point. Everybody loves the Infernal Devices because of the amazing plot and the epic love triangle. I don't like love triangles, love squares, or whatever love shapes that does not involve just two people. I don't like it... But on this series, it's very hard not to wish Tessa be with both of them.

Will and Tessa. Jem and Tessa. Whichever she choose is perfect for me. There's no doubt about that. Usually, with love triangles, you tend to not like one of them, but its not the case here. The love triangle was crafted in a way that you'll see the exquisiteness of their love. I've always thought, you cannot love two people at the same time, now I know it does exist.

“Most people are lucky to have even one great love in their life. You have found two.”

Those are the words of the Great Magnus! I love Magnus here just like on every Cassie Clare book. He is an amazing character. Now, I get why he acted that way when Will's name got mentioned in City of Lost Souls. It all makes sense. Will and Magnus' relationship is unexpected.

I also loved the other characters Cecily, Gabriel, Gideon, Sophie, Charlotte and Henry, if I forgot anyone, I'm very sorry but I loved all the characters. With the exception of Mortmain. That guy is crazy! But I would have to agree he is a good antagonist.

This review is totally all over the place. I don't know what happened. I'm gonna end my review with my final score.

I rate this book:

The writing. Still flawless. The world building is still as amazing as her other books. Need I say more?

PLOT: 20
It was just amazing how she could connect this series to the TMI. It was just genius.

I kind of had an idea what was going to happen to Jem based on the stuff Tessa suggested. Also, I knew there was something about the Clockwork Angel.

Fast paced. Just the way I like it.

Totally enjoyed it!! :)
15 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Princess.

06/20/2014 marked as: currently-reading
06/28/2014 marked as: read

Marga I agree!! BEST. ENDING. EVER. I remembered finishing this one and seriously having a huge grin on my face! I'll wait for your review! *^O^*

AriaStuckinWonderland It was just so amazing wasn't it? I super love Jem. :) I just had to read this before City of Heavenly Fire. Hehe. Yep, full review currently on the works. ^_^

Marga Yesss! (view spoiler) Haha

AriaStuckinWonderland Margarita wrote: "Yesss! [spoilers removed] Haha"

I think eventually he will get her. :) *wink.wink*

AriaStuckinWonderland I'm team JEM all the way too!!

Marga Woah. I can't believe Tessa is my my friend on Goodreads. lol. Kidding. I can't really blame you. Who doesn't want m to be Tessa, right? Love the review, Sandee!

AriaStuckinWonderland Thanks for NOT judging me. LOL. I know you'll understand. I was obsessed. I'm totally a Herondale now. Now I just have to read City of Heavenly Fire.. Too bad I have tons of tbr now.. *what to do????*

Marga Haha you'll figure it out. :D But really, you need to read the Throne of Glass series: )

AriaStuckinWonderland I've heard a lot of about that book through booktube. Everybody seems to be raving about it. Did you finish it? Or is it still an ongoing series?

Marga It is still an ongoing series. 6 books. The last book will come out on 2017! Long wait seriously. But I really loved it!

AriaStuckinWonderland Awww crap. I am so bad with series. I can count the series that I finished with my one hand. LOL. I like the first ones, but sometimes the second ones just sucks like in HG.. Didn't really find Catching Fire too appealing unfortunately.

1. Iron Fey
2. Twilight
3. Shatter Me
4. Harry Potter
5. Planning to finish Lux series once the book comes out..

*this is so shameful*

Marga Really?? I finished a lot of series I think. Though I only read one book from Harry Potter. Well, you still have time! I am excited for Opposition, too!

AriaStuckinWonderland True. But the thing is... There are a lot of good books out there! You can say that I have ADHD - for books. hahaha.

message 14: by Kristin (KC) (new)

Kristin (KC) I cannot wait to read this! Great review, friend! :)

AriaStuckinWonderland Kristin (KC) wrote: "I cannot wait to read this! Great review, friend! :)"

It's awesome Kristin!! :) you shoul really go and read it soon!

Shadows n Secrecy This is probably a (much) longer comment than usual, but I thought you mightn't mind since you stated in your profile that you love it when people connect with you.

Let's start with...

HEY! You stole my line! I've repeated I am catastrophically in love with the Shadowhunter Chronicles, I am catastrophically in love with The Infernal Devices and I am catastrophically in love with The Mortal Instruments like a ninety-years-old lady in various reviews - enough to claim the line as mine.

Tessa is the luckiest girl one could ever know, being able to spend mortal-lifetimes with both boys she loved. But she has also gone through pain beyond one’s wildest imaginations. Loving the way she does, she would probably spend her eternal life after Jem’s death alone. Though God knows I am willing to take the pain, torment and heartbreaks if such great joys came with it. If I could love and be loved like Tessa.

AriaStuckinWonderland Shadows wrote: "This is probably a (much) longer comment than usual, but I thought you mightn't mind since you stated in your profile that you love it when people connect with you.

Let's start with...

HEY! You s..."

I don't mind the long comment really. I love reading long comments like that. Oh boy. Sorry. I wrote it first. *evil laugh* just kidding. But I am extremely happy, that this book ended the way it did. I was extremely satisfied with how everything unfolded.

And have you read the after the bridge novellas that Cassie made? Oh boy... Oh boy! If you haven't go click on the link below... I could not contain my happiness, that this finally happened.

Yep. Tessa is one lucky girl. And like what Magnus said to Tessa.

It would be sad though, if Jem dies... What would happen to Tessa? But you're right. I would rather have spent a few mortal times with both of them, than not have it at all. At least the memories will be there to remain with her forever. It would keep her company, may not be physically, but the love will stay with her forever. She is really lucky to have loved and be loved by both Will and Jem.

F*ck this I'm jealous. *sorry for cussing.*

Shadows n Secrecy Sandee (Nikolai Lantsov's Queen) wrote: "Shadows wrote: "This is probably a (much) longer comment than usual, but I thought you mightn't mind since you stated in your profile that you love it when people connect with you.

Let's start wit..."

Violent delights have violent ends. If Sebastian Morgenstern was right about anything, he was right about that. Will once thought joy, like anger was too extreme an emotion for Jem. It seems he has been proven wrong. All three of them had gone through heartbreaks, joy and anger stronger than any other could begin to understand. Maybe Tessa would take her immortality away from herself sometime during TDA or TWP as a satisfying wrap-up to the Chronicles.

OMG, After the Bridge had me crying like hell. I think I saw your review on it after I posted mine, and that's how I actually found you...