Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews)'s Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

More than warrants all the hype. I LOVED this; easily in my top ten books for the year. Full review if when I can consolidate my thoughts about all the awesome.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

Quotes Jessie (Ageless Pages Reviews) Liked

Erin Morgenstern
“You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul, becomes their blood and self and purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows that they might do because of it, because of your words. That is your role, your gift.”

Erin Morgenstern
“Marco moves to close the distance between them, kissing away her tears before catching her lip with his own.
As he kisses her, the bonfire glows brighter. The acrobats catch the light perfectly as they spin. The entire circus sparkles, dazzling every patron.”

Erin Morgenstern
“The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not.”

Erin Morgenstern
“The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.”

09/16/2011 page 12
3.0% "Off to a very interesting start!"
09/16/2011 page 86
22.0% "Really enjoying this so far."
09/16/2011 page 171
44.0% "Am absolutely loving this. Lush, descriptive, nicely intriguing characters and magic!"
09/16/2011 page 239
62.0% "I don't want to put this down."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lauren I'm so glad you loved it! I was really worried that people would be disappointed because of all of the hype and comparisons to other popular books right now. I thought the writing was beautiful and I loved the story :)

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) I loved it from beginning to end. It was beautifully written and imaginative. I don't get the comparisons to Harry Potter or Hunger Games with this novel: it is utterly unlike either!!

Meg ♥ Aww I wish you would have gotten a full review in, but I'm trying hard myself to think of what to say. I just finished this last night and although it's not without flaws it was amazing!

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Meg ♥ wrote: "Aww I wish you would have gotten a full review in, but I'm trying hard myself to think of what to say. I just finished this last night and although it's not without flaws it was amazing!"

I actually have one, half-written, saved in my blog. I keep trying to write how I feel about this, but I can't seem to express it correctly. It comes out all, "OMG I LOVED THIS WHEEEEEE" and errrrr, yeah, I need to refine it more than that, yknow? I had issues too, sadly - the 'rivalry' left a looot to be desired and wasn't how they advertised it - but the sensory feel of this made up for its deficiencies for me. :) Maybe I'll go try to rewrite the draft I have..... ;)