Suzie's Reviews > The Land of Painted Caves

Sep 17, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: historical-fiction
Read from August 21 to September 17, 2011

This author seriously needs to fire her publishers / editors. How can they allow her to waste so much story time? So much of our time? Each of these books (with the exception of #1) should have been culled to 200-300 pages each. They would have been AMAZING! Instead we have unnecessary, uninteresting, uninspiring repetitious CRAP! Even the ending of this final book was a complete rehash of book #3. I ended up willing her to kill Ayla off, or Jondalar, just to make it interesting, to leave with a lasting impression. The only impression I have is..... Meh! I should have stopped after book#3 possibly even #2. If you love this series, DO NOT READ YHIS LATEST BOOK!!!!

Oh and if I had to read the mothers song one more time I will throw my ereader (one of the greatest loves of my life) out the friggin' window!! Seriously Jean have you not wasted enough without having to repeat that stupid song so many times. And maybe you should go live in one of this caves you love so much! Stupid boring crap!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Land of Painted Caves.

message 1: by Lee Ann (new)

Lee Ann Lol...that's why I won't read the last one. I loved 1-3 and stuggled through the other 2 because I loved the character

Suzie Problem is that there is no character development! Not for anyone. That is one of the major flaws with her writing. She starts off strong then gets sidetracked with crappy reference book information rather than growing her characters.such a shame. The series really had great potential.