Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > The Ideal Man

The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood

Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

She was only going jogging to relieve some job stress; she never planned on witnessing an attempted murder!

Ms. Garwood’s romantic suspense stories have always been top notch, but I hadn’t read anything new by her for some time. I was happy to get a chance to check out her book. She didn’t disappoint me.

This author makes everything about her books “real”. Her characters feel emotions that I find easy to understand and relate to. After all, Ellie is a busy doctor and Max is in the FBI and neither one of them wants to get involved at this point in their careers. I can understand that. And I can also understand why that wonderful reasoning doesn’t work.

The killers are determined to get rid of witnesses and hire assassins to accomplish that. As Ellie and Max fight them off and try to keep Ellie safe, they grow close and begin depending on each other. This is an action packed story with danger all around, with an informant in the FBI office, and no way to know who you can trust. You hope all will end well, but there’s no guarantee when you are involved with dangerous folks on the other side of the law whose witnesses disappear before the trial can held.

With all the tension in the story from the chase, the author relieves the atmosphere by adding Ellie’s family problems and creating a heated relationship between the two who didn’t want commitment. It’s fast paced, tantalizing story that keeps your eyes glued to the page. This is well-put-together thriller with a side of romance. Get your own copy and “taste” it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ideal Man.