Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Red's Hot Cowboy

Red's Hot Cowboy by Carolyn Brown

Aug 06, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary, suspense-mystery, non-erotic
Read in August, 2011

Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Rough and ready cowboy meet one sassy motel owner. Toss in a mystery or two and you've got the makings of a great story, Red's Hot Cowboy by Carolyn Brown. This is one of those books you won't want to miss.

I will warn, there are a lot of characters, but as per Ms. Brown's style, it's like reading about a gigantic extended family. Everyone is important to the story and I couldn't leave any of them out. But I'm going to focus on the hero and heroine. Talk about a hoot, reading along as Pearl--love the Minnie Pearl connection--gave Wil a run for his money. She's got some fantastic one liners. And Wil. Well, he's written so well, I could picture him. Ms. Brown, I'd love another hero just as handsome. He's full of concern and love for Pearl, even if he doesn't know it. I enjoyed reading about the journey between first lust and full bloom love. And as much as she gets him going, he does the same right back to her.

I won't give anything away, but this is one of those books you sit down and can't help but read all at once. There's no getting up for a drink of water or going to sleep. Nope. All the little things are important and make the story richer. Oh, and the steamy scenes, well, get the glass of water before you start. You'll be glad you did.

If you want a book with plenty of twists, turns, hot cowboys, and a storyline that's got to be continued (please, Ms. Brown, you've got the next story in the works?), then you need a copy of Red's Hot Cowboy. It's earned every one of the 4.5 books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red's Hot Cowboy.