Brighton's Reviews > Tempted

Tempted by P.C. Cast

Aug 06, 11

Read in August, 2011

I Started reading the House of Night series after my best friend recommended it and I loved the first 3 books Marked, Betrayed, and Chosen. Untamed and Hunted where kinda boring, but this one is just plain terrible. One of the things I hated about the book series was Zoey, I tried so hard to relate and care about what happens to her, but I just ended up not caring. I also how immature Zoey is. I mean come one? What teen says "Bullpoopie? She sounds like an effin 9 year old! I also noticed how after almost every chapter she either says "Hell" or "ah hell." This book didn't really make me want to keep reading, I kept waiting for it to get exciting but it was just boring and almost made me fall asleep. I didn't really like the POV change, I kept skipping Stevie Rae and Kalona's son's chapters because I didn't care about their side of the story at all. The Nerd herd" were really lacking their funny dialogue and personality, The Twins, Damien, and Jack just came off as flat and annoying. Also, I loved the nice sweet Erik that I saw in the 1st and 2nd books. Then all of a sudden he is a possessive jerk? When did that happen? The only character I really liked was Heath. Yep that's it. I have to admit, Zoey is a huge slut, She has had like, 4 boyfriends all ready. This book series shouldve ended a long time ago. I hate it and It couldve been so much better.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted.