Gabby's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Oct 25, 2011

bookshelves: e-books, young-adult, romance, chick-lit, stand-alone
Read from October 20 to 21, 2011

Originally posted @ The YA Bookworm

Beautiful Disaster? what can I say about this book? hmmm... this book actually reminds me of the Book Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles the flow of the story is pretty much the same. Bad boy (who has straight A's btw) meets smart and good hearted girl.. eventually both collide and fell in love with each other ,thus forming a Beautiful Disaster.

so... pretty much perfect Chemistry-ish right? but i guess the only difference is that this book is much hotter and steamier than the latter.

this book is actually very long, i feel like i am watching a two hour movie with repeated story line over and over. the first part of the book was good you get this giddy feeling every time you read it, cause for me it's really nice to see Travis break in to his shell from bad boy player to a vulnerable guy cause he is falling in love with her best friend, Abby. Those parts of the book were great. i actually skip meals, lost precious sleeping hours just to know how will the story of the two lovers will be.

2nd part i guess the part where they went to Vegas, i kinda lost my interest in the book cause everything is just so redundant they make love, they fight, they break, they kiss. (so on... blah.blah.) i was so infuriated with the flow of the story, i mean they love each other and everything, so why suppress it? duh. i feel like grabbing Abby out of the book and shake her shoulders and tell her "Come on Girl!!! you are making this soooo hard for everyone!" LOL...

so why 4 stars?

at the end of the book i have this realization that love conquers all.. (cheesy, I KNOW!!!) and maybe even though the book is long and some parts were boring, i like it that the author made a believable love story. She showed how an individual can go crazy, change for the person that he/she loves. and how also a certain person can found or lost their love. so yeah this book is filled with cheesiness and sugar coated with even more sugar lines and scenes, and i guess those are the elements that can make a reader like me, go crazy. (Geez is this a cheesy review or what?) LOL

if it weren't for the consistency of the plot i would have given it a 5 star rating. cause what happened is that the first part was very climatic while the 2nd part was a downer, so therefore 4 stars is my rating for this book.

erm.. IDK what's with the book cover, i have no clue why is that the cover.. meh.

_______________________________________

[image error]

That's MY TRAVIS... (Points at the Guy) RIGHT THERE. harhar >:)

Full review to come. :D
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

Quotes Gabby Liked

Jamie McGuire
“I know we're fucked up, alright? I'm impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands...”
Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster

Jamie McGuire
“You know why I want you? I didn’t know I was lost until you found me. I didn’t know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You’re the one thing I’ve got right. You’re what I’ve been waiting for, Pigeon.”
Jamie McGuire, Beautiful Disaster

Maria enjoy Gabby! i loved the first half, the second half? Nooo. :)

Gabby thank you maria! I am enjoying it so far! para xang perfect Chemistry. :D

Janus Vielle the Erudite Artist Oooh.. I'll wait for your review of this. I'm still undecided about reading it. ^_^

Gabby @janus: try it! maganda naman xa... mejo boring lng ung 2nd part ng libro. :)

Maria Gabby wrote: "@janus: try it! maganda naman xa... mejo boring lng ung 2nd part ng libro. :)"

Tama! good thing we both agree on this =)

Janus Vielle the Erudite Artist sige i'll try this some time.. thanks! ^_^