Chibineko's Reviews > I Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 02

I Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 02 by Ema Tōyama

Aug 05, 11

bookshelves: cute, love-triangle, manga, moe, kodansha
Read in August, 2011

One of the most interesting things about this volume is that it was released by Kodansha Comics rather than the person who initially released it here in the US, Del Rey. I was pleased (and a little disappointed, I'll admit) to see that Kodansha stayed with Del Rey's cover designs for this volume. It's identical to what you'd expect from Del Rey, with the exception of the Kodansha logo on the spine. It makes me wonder how much of the work in this volume was actually done by Kodansha & how much was done by Del Rey. (Not that they don't have the right to lay claim to any work Del Rey has done. I was just hoping to see Kodansha sort of make themselves stand out a little more.) Although I admit that keeping to the original designs will make the transition easier for many fans.

Now that I've gone over that, on to the actual review.

This was an incredibly cute volume. I was a little surprised to see how the romantic angle *wasn't* the main focus of the manga. It's a big part of the series, but the main focus of this wasn't to see who Hikage would pick but to see her go from being a loner to a full fledged member of the world around her. In the first volume she's pulled out of her isolation by other people; in this volume she has to try to do things herself & solve her own problems. The love triangle? That's just a bonus. Then there's the artwork, which was gorgeous.

If you like sweet manga then you'll love this series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Am Here! Omnibus Vol. 02.