Jessica's Reviews > Restless in Carolina

Restless in Carolina by Tamara Leigh

Aug 07, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from August 05 to 07, 2011

Before I even started this book, I knew the main character was going to be very unique, but I was not prepared for just how different she would be. First off, she had dreadlocks (not that they're bad, just not all that common). Then, she's so nature-loving she stops a woman in the middle of the road and yells at her for throwing her gum out of her window. But furthermore, when Bridget gets home (with no shoes because she likes being barefoot) she has an opossum. As a pet. So needless to say, the main character of this book is quite something. Bridget's personality though, is what made me like this book so much. It was really sad how she was still trying to recover from her husband's death when he's been gone for four years, but I loved how her whole dysfunctional family was trying to help her get over it. J.C. was another character I loved because even though he was this rich businessman, he still cares about people and the environment and his past isn't so perfect either. There were many funny moments and sad moments in this book, but there were also few moments where it was a bit boring. Other than those boring times, this book was very entertaining to read. I didn't read the first two books in this series (it's not necessary to) but after reading this, I wouldn't be surprised if I picked one of them up in the future. So overall this was a fun read with a nice southern twist to it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Restless in Carolina.