Natalie's Reviews > The Midnight Charter

The Midnight Charter by David Whitley

F 50x66
Aug 19, 11

Recommended for: megafans of fantasy (but pretty much nobody else)
I own a copy, read count: 1

This book was alright, it wasn't the best book I've ever read. I found it was ok, but I put it down quite a lot due to the dry and boring characters who don't really do much to get the reader truly absorbed in the world of the book. First there's mark,a young boy who is pretty uninteresting. He's only interesting at the start of the novel, though not for his character, but for the predicament he finds himself in. At the beggining, he wakes in a stone cold cell and assumes he's dead, and naturally he wants to escape.
Then there's lilly, a girl that mark meets a little later into the plot, who's a servant to their new guardian. the world of the books is pretty much as dry as the characters, though the concept of trading emotions IS an interesting pull nothing else is really that interesting. The plot starts out pretty fast paced, but it soon slows down into a really insufferable sluggish, plodding story.
The only thing I enjoyed about this book was the cover, and the signature in my copy of the book. I got it from a signing in my school. So Naturally I got it signed, it says "Dear... I hope you enjoy visiting my world, David whitley" which I think is really neat. Maybe I could you know, tipex (tm) my name out and sell it on e-bay or something. That's only IF david ever becomes a super mega well known author, which to be honest won't happen for a long time. Though, if it was about personality and wit then he'd definately be popular, but for a debut... nah. I don't think that this book will get him many fans.. but I may be wrong.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Midnight Charter.