Danielle Allen's Reviews > Full Frontal Feminism

Full Frontal Feminism by Jessica Valenti

Dec 02, 11

Read from November 27 to December 02, 2011

A great introduction to modern feminist theory.

Valenti does a good job exploring the reason why feminism isn’t considered “cool” anymore (in a nutshell – because people make money and get control off our lack of rights and making us feel like we're not equal), and why it is still so essential for everyone to stand up for equal rights.

The author also does a good job describing why feminism is still so important today and the current culture of sexism.

I don't agree with everything Valenti has to say, as our morals slightly differ, but I still respected her opinions because they were well researched and thought out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Frontal Feminism.

Quotes Danielle Liked

Jessica Valenti
“What’s the worst possible thing you can call a woman? Don’t hold back, now.
You’re probably thinking of words like slut, whore, bitch, cunt (I told you not to hold back!), skank.
Okay, now, what are the worst things you can call a guy? Fag, girl, bitch, pussy. I’ve even heard the term “mangina.”
Notice anything? The worst thing you can call a girl is a girl. The worst thing you can call a guy is a girl. Being a woman is the ultimate insult. Now tell me that’s not royally fucked up.”
Jessica Valenti, Full Frontal Feminism