Eric's Reviews > A Little Wanting Song

A Little Wanting Song by Cath Crowley

Sep 15, 11

bookshelves: down-under, i-should-be-sleeping-really-i-shoul, young-adult-fiction, music-music-music, poems, alternating-pov
Recommended for: Aussies, Euros, Americans, eh pretty much anyone who can read and if they can't - read it to them!
Read from September 12 to 14, 2011

I loved this book. Suffice to say that there wasn't much I needed to get me to pick this one up, two words really - Australian + YA. I've heard the arguments as to why but I'm just going to go with whatever is going on with the water down under, damn I wish I had me some. This book is perfect.

Did you really think I was going to gather all my thoughts and type up a real review? Nah. Everyone else has already done that for me. They're all right. Seriously. I am trying not to quote the crap out of this book for fear of ruining pretty much every exchange. There were so many moments where the electricity of the moment was so killer I could barely breathe waiting to see what would happen to these guys. Then others where I was laughing so hard I had just about forgotten how messed up whatever just transpired a few pages ago. Emotional roller coaster and I enjoyed the mess out of the ride. Again. Book. Was. Perfect.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Wanting Song.

Quotes Eric Liked

Cath Crowley
“I guess there are a lot of people who don't know the right thing to say. You don't notice them so much because they pretend they do.”

Cath Crowley
“Her eyes always bothered me when we were kids. They still do. They make mine ache trying to see where they end.”

Cath Crowley
“I've known Dave so long that I can tell what he's going to do before he does it. I don't want to meet the person who can predict what Luke's about to do; they'd have to be crazier than him.”

Cath Crowley
“They can't see me but I can see them. I don't stand because I've been standing all morning. Plus, this is my small protest against Luke and Rose. I can't serve you if I don't exist. Get lost in that existential dilemma.”

Cath Crowley
“Hi," I call as he walks out. "Hi, Rosie. I told Charlie we were camping before New Year's." I think about that for a second. "You told her we were going, or you invited her to come?" "Shit,”

Cath Crowley
“It's when I'm around some people that my entire vocabulary goes on vacation. Like now, when Dave's walking next to me wearing an old black singlet and board shorts and the tattoo of a bird on his wrist, every single word in my head except "no" and "huh" is lying somewhere on a beack getting a suntan”

Cath Crowley
“People keep calling it an accident. That snake bit me on purpose. I've named it Sneaky. Sneaky had it all planned. I saw its face.”

Cath Crowley
“I'm sick of staring at what I want, I thought. I'd do anything to hold it in my hands.”

Cath Crowley
“It's a different kind of missing. You're trying to remember, and he's trying to forget.”

Cath Crowley
“What's up with you?" "I'm grounded," I say, just to say something real. "I told Mum to fuck off." He whistles. "Why'd you tell her that? Any other 'off' leaves room for parole. 'Sod off,' 'shove off'—even 'sock off' is still pretty satisfying." "You've told your dad to sock off?" "Once. He said, 'What the fuck is "sock off"? Be a man and tell me to fuck off.'" "So did you tell him?" "No. Because that was the trap. There's never time out for good behavior with 'fuck off.”

09/12/2011 page 1
0.0% "FINALLY!!"
09/13/2011 page 52
19.0% "I am so screwed. I know I should be sleeping but I'm having way too much fun reading this. Why did I start reading this so late in the day? Why did I wait so long to to read it in the first place?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »