Sally Pearce's Reviews > Iron House

F_50x66
Aug 09, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from August 05 to 09, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Having read all three of Hart's first books, I was really excited to read this one. And my anticipation was rewarded! IRON HOUSE is probably Hart's best as far as character development and a complex story. I must warn potential readers that it is extremely, graphically violent. This didn't bother me much; I've read graphic violence before, but it could bother some folks, especially if they are expecting Hart's usual brand of suspense.

That being said, I loved this book! I thought it was terrifically put together and had surprises hidden that just spun me around right up until the end. Read and enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron House.

08/06/2011 page 87
08/07/2011 page 190
44.0% "I'm really enjoying this. Very different from Hart's previous books!"
08/08/2011 page 284
66.0% "Fascinating but so dark! Very different from his other books."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Sounds a bit like a John Irving novel... messed up family, but ties that bind. Maybe I should read it?

Sally Pearce I'm not sure. There is a lot of violence in the main character which he is trying to change. I'll let you know at the end whether I think you'll like it. I've loved all his other novels!

message 3: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca Thanks! Love you,

Cheri Desalvo I liked this book very much, however...I thought the ending was rather abrupt, as if Hart just got tired of writing and decided to end it. Still, the writing was superb. I have to say I liked his previous works more - which is not to say I didn't like this, I did.