Sarah's Reviews > Second Chance Summer

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

May 12, 12

bookshelves: 2012, contemporary-ya, ya, autobuy
Read from May 08 to 12, 2012

4.5 ish stars (definitely above average--I don't think the description does this book a lot of favors, as it kind of makes it sound like a kissing book, but it's really a book about family and love and friendship)

Not sure how to rate this one. It was incredibly good.And even though I knew from the beginning how it would end (read the book description), it still made me cry. Morgan Matson develops settings as well as Sarah Ockler does. The problem is that Amy & Roger (Matson's debut) is one of my faves, so I keep comparing the two, which isn't fair.
19 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance Summer.

05/08/2012
10.0% "I really, really enjoy Morgan Matson's writing style. It's fresh without trying too hard. Quirky, without being ridiculous. Emotional, without being overwrought. It just works for me."
05/09/2012
17.0% "Uhhhh... guys. This might be really good. I had high hopes because I loved A&R and so far this has met them."
05/09/2012
35.0% "Henry, possible love interest, is a bakery boy. We all know how I feel about this."
05/10/2012
57.0% "this is going in interesting places"
05/10/2012
60.0% "So 12 year old Taylor hurt Bakery Boy in a very uncool way. You better redeem yourself, 17 year old Taylor."
05/11/2012
70.0% "I really like Taylor, the main character, but Bakery Boy is extremely intriguing and I really, really want to know what's up with him."
05/11/2012
90.0% "Seriously, Taylor, you've got to be nice to Bakery Boy."
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-11)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 11: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity Ooh can't wait to know what you think, my copy should be here soon :)

Aleeeeeza you lucky woman! i am so totally dying for this one.

Sarah Epic Detour is one of my favorite road trip books (and I love road trip books). I've had this one on preorder since the first day you could preorder it.

Aleeeeeza Sarah wrote: "Epic Detour is one of my favorite road trip books (and I love road trip books). I've had this one on preorder since the first day you could preorder it."

ahahaha. awesome! :)

epic detour made. my. life. i ADORED it beyond words<3

Sarah Aleeza wrote: "epic detour made. my. life. i ADORED it beyond words "

No kidding. That book is really special.

Aly (Fantasy4eva) i have had my eye on this ever since i found out about it. will be looking out for your review!

Marie I thought the exact same things! Amy & Roger is one of my favourite books, so I was expecting the same epicness from this one, and although I thought it was great, it wasn't *as* good as Amy & Roger, even though I know its not fair to compare. I'm glad someone else gets it. :-)

Sarah Marie wrote: "I thought the exact same things! Amy & Roger is one of my favourite books, so I was expecting the same epicness from this one, and although I thought it was great, it wasn't *as* good as Amy & Roge..."

It's funny, isn't it, how an author's other books can influence the way you enjoy the others. I'm that way with Sara Zarr, too. I loved Sweethearts so much, and as a result, I compare all her other books to that one .

Marie Sarah wrote: "Marie wrote: "I thought the exact same things! Amy & Roger is one of my favourite books, so I was expecting the same epicness from this one, and although I thought it was great, it wasn't *as* good..."

I'm the same way. For me, it's Sarah Dessen; I read and fell in love with Someone Like You when I was 15, and I've spent the last 13 years comparing her other books to it (luckily she's written some amazing books since). I really need to read Sara Zarr's books, I keep hearing great things.

Alicia I just finished Epic Detour, that was awesome! I'm kinda nervous to read this because I don't want to be disappointed! :(

Sarah Maddox Loved this book!