Atunah's Reviews > Miss Grimsley's Oxford Career

Miss Grimsley's Oxford Career by Carla    Kelly

Jan 07, 14

bookshelves: european-historical-romance, kindle-own-paid, kindle-backlists, historical-romance, read-2012, purchased-2012
Read from October 20 to 21, 2012

I know that every time I pick up a Carla Kelly book that it will be good. This one is no exception. I am just glad that the older stuff is being released again in ebook format.

James "Jim" the Hero is just a nice guy. Not a rake, not a tortured soul, not a caveman, just a smart nice guy with normal issues. :). Heroine is equally likable. She wants so much to be educated and go to Oxford. Of course not possible for a woman at the time. The unfairness of it all, her brother that has to do his year there and doesn't want to, and a daughter that would love too and is not allowed.
She does get to sneak a peek in breeches :)

This one just made me feel good and smile at the end of it.

I just wanted to add that I also appreciate when publishers put a little extra care into making the ebooks. Here I got squiggly chapter headings and the first letter in each new chapter has that same brushstroke type font. It just makes it look pretty and more like a pretty paper book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Grimsley's Oxford Career.