Kelly Nasdeo's Reviews > 61 Hours

61 Hours by Lee Child

Aug 05, 11

Read from May 30 to 31, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Attended a book reading for this book with the author. He was kind enough to meet every attendee at the end, shake hands, sign any book he authored and pose for a photo with you, it was a great experience and I look forward to his latest book "The Affair" coming out in September 2011!!

I've read a lot of "series" books with a recurring character and after some time, many of them become very predictable and, while they're still fun, they just lose something. This has never happened with any of the Lee Child/Jack Reacher books. Each one is exciting, on the edge of your seat, stay-up-all-night-to-finish-it GOOD!

I'm always amazed at the amount of accurate details the author includes in his story, especially considering he grew up and lived most of his life in the U.K. How does he know the NYC subway system so intimately? Or the inter-workings of the FBI, the U.S. military and the geography of some town in Boondocks, USA? It is just amazing and part of what I love about his books.

I loved that this book was set in South Dakota, one of the few states I've not visited, in the dead of winter and that the author was able to make you FEEL the bitter, freezing cold. In fact, maybe I should read it again while we're experiencing a heat wave here in the midwest.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 61 Hours.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jamie He knows the NYC subway because he has a place in Manhattan. So he rides the subway as part of his research.