Jeanette's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

3132081
Aug 05, 2011

Read from September 23 to 28, 2012

I loved Divergent. I got a really advanced copy of it and devoured it in pretty much one sitting. So Insurgent had a lot to live up to.

And it did, for the most part. It is the typical middle book in a series, the one where the hero begins to doubt him/herself, has a crisis of conscience or faith, does some stupid things, and then comes out the other side. There was some predictability in the heel turn of one of the characters and then the inevitable rescue, but the pacing was so tight and the world so well realized that it just doesn't matter. Most stories aren't going to reinvent the wheel--and Insurgent does what it does really well.

I can't wait for Detergent (or whatever they'll eventually call book 3). Veronica Roth continues to amaze me as a writer for her voice and maturity.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

Maddie Kelly 1st one was the best...this one was disappointing :(

Jeanette Maddie wrote: "1st one was the best...this one was disappointing :("

It's going to be hard to top the first one. Divergent was so refreshing and well-written. But Veronica Roth is a total doll and I have faith in her mad skillz. :)

Maddie Kelly good spirit , love your books!

Jeanette Maddie wrote: "good spirit , love your books!"

Thank you very much!

Jeanette Jeanette wrote: "Maddie wrote: "good spirit , love your books!"

Thank you very much!"

Any suggestions as to what you think are the top reads this year?

Maddie Kelly well, I'm reading Under the Never Sky and its like amazing! and I read angelfall and fell in love....I've read so many....its hard to keep count

Jeanette Under the Never Sky is on my list of to reads. I'm trying to figure out what I feel like reading next. I just finished Insurgent so I need something new to read. But I'm feeling more like nonfiction for my next book.

Maddie Kelly deffinatly read Under the Never Sky I just finished it an hour ago and I have the jitters!