Zografia's Reviews > Darkest Mercy

Darkest Mercy by Melissa Marr

May 21, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from May 20 to 21, 2012

This book was very interesting and enjoyable. I really like it and feel sadness that I wont get to see those characters again.
In this final book, we get follow the stories of the heroes of the past books, except for those who now belong to the new Shadow court. In the end, I assure you, you will be surprised by the way they end up.
Even though it is a good book, it still leaves some unanswered questions, like what happened to Ani and the shadow court.They are just merely mentioned in the book but do not appear. (view spoiler) Also, something in the series that may not be important, but was kind of weird. Aren't fairies supposed to fly? Because I'm pretty sure that those don't, which is fine but... I just dont see the reason to call them fairies if they don't have wings. Anyway, that's not important.
Now something about the characters. I love Seth! He is so nice with everyone and reasonable , I can see why Aislinn refuses Keenan for him. Even though it doesn't explain why 3 so different courts declared him family... And I love his relationship with Sorcha. And Niall(even though it gets... complicated)
Also, while I always thought that Keenan was a selfish bastard, in this book I must give him some credit. (view spoiler) He is the same bastard, but at least now he makes somebody happy.
Overall, I loved this book and enjoyed the special style Marr has in her writing. Even though her books made me feel kind of bored at times (not this one!), she always had a way to make me like her characters and I can say that I'll miss them. Wicked Lovely was never at my favourites list and I didn't have a lot of expectations for this book but I was surprised.
So if you've made it this far you should read it, it's really worth it. This one will not disappoint you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkest Mercy.