Zografia's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Feb 12, 2012

bookshelves: extras

while i loved the first 3 books, this one didnt have the same impact on me.
it was great seeing jace, simon and clary again and all the other characters, but i felt like it was kind of rushed. the plot- well, the lack of it- was annoying and it was all about jace and clary and their relationship, not about finding the villain. it was boring and torturing, and if i didnt love the captivating characters i would have probably put it down.
well, the truth is that when i read it, i was so excited that i had them back, all of the heroes, and so shaken by the ending that i didnt see clearly. now, though, i can see that this book lacks essential details and information.
i will buy the next, but i could say i feel disappointed by the author. not because this book is not as good as the others, but because i feel like she writes only for money and fame.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

Quotes Zografia Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Hearts are breakable," Isabelle said. "And I think even when you heal, you're never what you were before".”

Cassandra Clare
“You're the first Shadowhunter I've ever met."
“That’s too bad,” said Jace, “since all the others you meet from now on will be a terrible letdown.”

Cassandra Clare
“Thank you,” Simon said. “It’s a joke, Isabelle. He’s the Count. He likes counting. You know. ‘What did the Count eat today, children? One chocolate chip cookie, two chocolate chip cookies, three chocolate chip cookies . . .’”

There was a rush of cold air as the door of the restaurant opened, letting in another customer. Isabelle shivered and reached for her black silk scarf. “It’s not realistic.”

“What would you prefer? ‘What did the Count eat today, children? One helpless villager, two helpless villagers, three helpless villagers . . .”

Cassandra Clare
“What's the point in wasting a perfectly good brick wall when you have someone to throw against it, that's what I always say.”

Cassandra Clare
“You're just worried they'll hire a male instructor and he'll be hotter than you."
Jace's eyebrows went up. "Hotter than me?"
"It could happen," Clary said, "You know, theoretically."
"Theoretically the planet could suddenly crack in half, leaving me on one side and you on the other, forever and tragically parted, but I'm not worried about that either. Some things," Jace said, with his customary crooked smile, "are just too unlikely to dwell upon.”

Cassandra Clare
“You know, some people think Shadowhunters are just myths. Like mummies and genies." Kyle grinned at Jace. "Can you grant wishes?"

"That depends," he said. "Do you wish to be punched in the face?”

Cassandra Clare
“You and your name-dropping. 'I knew Michael'. 'I knew Sammael'. 'The angel Gabriel did my hair'. It's like I'm with the Band with biblical figures.”

Cassandra Clare
“Jace rolled his eyes. “It’s fascinating,” he said. “You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”
(Jace, to Simon)”