Alyssa Archambo's Reviews > Alpha & Omega

Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs

Aug 12, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, urban-fantasy, paranormal-romance
Read in August, 2011

Having already read Cry Wolf, the first book in the series, this prequel didn't hold any surprising information; however, I still really liked it. It's a fast and enjoyable read, even if it is a bit gruesome because of what Anna's Alpha did to her.

My favorite part was reading about Charles and Anna meeting for the first time. I love seeing their reactions to each other and realizing that they want to be mates. It was a good call on Patricia Briggs's part to start this series, because I think Charles is such an awesome character and it's a shame we don't see him more in the Mercy Thompson series. Anna is also extremely cool; she's tough while not being overly aggressive and she's keeps calm in the face of danger. After reading about Adam saving Mercy all the time, it's kind of fun reading about a girl saving a guy's ass when he gets himself into trouble.

The one problem I see with this is that, as a novella, it doesn't explain much. If you haven't read the Mercy Thompson series or the Alpha and Omega series, this isn't a good one to start on. Briggs assumes you know how the world works and who some of the characters are and doesn't go into a lot of explanation. It's great for those who have already been introduced to this world, either through the Mercy Thompson books or the books in the Alpha and Omega series.

This novella isn't necessary in understanding the series as a whole, but it is a good read. I highly recommend it for those who have already started the series or those who are thinking of starting the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha & Omega.