Nadine Jones's Reviews > Hellbent

Hellbent by Cherie Priest

Mar 16, 13

bookshelves: vampires, paranormal, stayed-up-way-too-late, mystery
Read from March 09 to 12, 2013

"I don't know exactly what's wrong with you, but I bet it's hard to pronounce when you're drunk."
(Aiden)

I thought this was great. Cherie Priest never disappoints me, so I was surprised at the many less-than-stellar reviews here. So okay, this is not quite as deep and serious as Priest's Fathom, nor is it as fluffy and romance-fueled as Twilight or as goofy and sexy as the Sookie series (Dead until Dark), so I suppose this book would not 100% satisfy the diehard fans of any of those books ... It's kind of right in the middle.

This was a fun vampire mystery romp, with a bit more gravitas than the aforementioned Twilight & Sookie series. Okay, I did get a bit eyerolly when yet ANOTHER character - and I do mean CHARACTER - was added to Raylene's household, and I DID wish there was a bit more muscley Adrian featured, and okay I DID wonder why exactly Raylene was willing to risk her life for Ian, whom she seems to treat like an aging pet dog ... but I just really like Raylene.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hellbent.

Quotes Nadine Liked