Paula 's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Nov 16, 14

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, fantabulous-favorites, alphahole-heroes-i-love, favorite-authors
Read from February 22 to 25, 2012

Mmm. Love that silly Elf, Trent.

********************

A Perfect Blood was awesome. Rachel has come a long ways since the first book and has finally learned to embrace who she is. Trent and Rachel's relationship has reached a whole new level. I'm anxious to see where it goes. It's interesting how in the beginning that I used to despise Trent and now I wait impatiently for him to walk onto the pages. I'm hoping Trent and Rachel get another coffee and cherry pie date. *wink*

Jenks, who always cracks me up with his colorful words, seems to have found a new friendship with Belle the garden fairy. Ivy seems to have moved on with new relationships. As Rachel sees her friends drifting away and progressing, she begins to question her own romantic status.

While we didn't get near as much page time with Al, when he did finally show up, he stole the show as usual. I'm curious to see where Harrison takes the storyline with Al and Rachel now that they have formed a truce.

I think what I love most about this series is the character growth in each book. Rachel is the type of person who learns things the hard way but she seems to learn and move on.

68 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.

02/23/2012 page 180
02/23/2012 page 108
25.0% "There is a reason you keep thinking about Trent's sexy body in the towel, Rachel..."
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-16)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 16: by Aleksandra (new) - added it

Aleksandra I seriously hoped they would end up together with Rachel. Duh. Maybe after her current boyfriend dies... ^^

Paula My fingers are crossed this is the book where they decide they can't resist each other any longer and have some passionate love/hate smex. lol

Fiendishly Bookish Yes, he is one sexy Elf! Slurp!

Letitia What'd you rate it? Its not showing for me.

Paula Strong 5 stars. I guess I forgot to rate it.

Manicivy I agree with everything you said. This was such a great book! Can't wait for more awkward trent/rachel moments

message 10: by Llsbear3 (new)

Llsbear3 I think it is the worst book in the series.

Paula Bummer.

message 8: by Llsbear3 (new)

Llsbear3 Jenks was the only good parts in the book and Ivy wasn't
in it enough.

Paula Ivy not being in the book enough didn't bother me. I've never been a huge fan of her anyway. I love Jenks and he was great in this book. I'm mostly invested in seeing where this Rachel/Trent thing goes. And of course I'm always anxious to see what Al is going to do next. The book is solid 5 stars imo.

message 6: by Llsbear3 (new)

Llsbear3 Three & half stars at the most

Annie I am reading it now...and I like it so far...but Rachel seems a little meek....she needs to start kicking some major ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paula Oh she will. :)

message 3: by Pam (new) - added it

Pam Yes I love her books. :-)

Martina I just finished reading it and I agree. It's the best so far in the series. I too couldn't stand Trent at the first of the series but now I find myself waiting for him to enter. I give it a 5 star rating!! <3 it

Paula I love that delicious Elf! Wait until you read Ever After... Lots and lots of Trent. :D