Catherine's Reviews > Crossroads

Crossroads by Moira Rogers

Aug 21, 11

bookshelves: kindle, class-difference, were-shifter, angst, contemporary, fantasy-paranormal-sci-fi, on-the-run, read-2011, romance, secret-crush, series, excellent
Read from August 16 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy

*4.5 Stars*

I ended this book positively seething. I was so mad. Not about the writing or the characters, but about the hateful council and they way they can ruin your life. The way they can control certain people, and the impossible situations others are put in because of it, fills me up with futile anger because I can't change it. I get so angry when it's a small group against a whole society. It's almost impossible to win when everyone is against you, actively or otherwise.

The book moved me, yeah, and I really liked the relationship between the hero and heroine, but I didn't end it feeling like it was a 'win' for the good guys. So sad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossroads.

19.0% "

"So. Was it worth the wait?"

She swung at him, but he seemed to be expecting it and had no trouble avoiding her half-hearted punch. "I don't ask you about your sex life, do I?"

Alec grinned. "You could, if you wanted to."

"Thanks, but no thanks, man whore."

30.0% "

"Sorry, man. If it helps, she'll probably forgive you a lot faster than she forgives me."

"Did you miss the part where she just compared me to Darth Vader?"

Derek fought another grin. "I don't know, I'm pretty sure I was Darth Vader in that insanely fucked-up insult."

"Dude, in this metaphor, I'm Vader. You're obviously Palpatine."

73.0% "

"Too soon for morbid humor, huh?"

"That always was your shtick, buddy."

"A guy's gotta have one."

"Sucks for us that Jackson's cornered the market on Southern charm and Alec's hoarding all the brooding man-pain."