Taryn at My Secret Romance's Reviews > Fighting Fair

Fighting Fair by Anne Calhoun

Aug 04, 2011

bookshelves: erotica, contemporary-romance, favorites, hot-steamy-romance, light-bdsm, romance, reviewed-by-me
Recommended to Taryn at My Secret Romance by: Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
Read in August, 2011

This review was posted at My Secret Romance

I love LOVE this cover!

I am not one to read short stories. I've never really liked them and they've never done much for me. They feel rushed and it's just not possible to connect with the characters, in my opinion.

Well, I am sooooo eating my words now! This is one hot, beautiful, romantic short story, with a side of light BDSM. Oh, how I loved this novella! This is my first read by this author and it won't be my last. Anne Calhoun was able to write an erotic romance with a story line that can hold it's own. I think it's very hard for an erotic writer to have romance in their stories and it not just be about sex. I am definitely a fan of Anne's now and I will be getting more of her books very soon.

Natalie is fighting to save her marriage. She has gone as far as to enroll them in marriage consoling where Shane, her husband, often shows up late and nothing is accomplished. Natalie isn't getting the support that she needs from her husband, so she confides in her close friend Chris one night at a bar.

Shane was given a great promotion at work and wants to share it with his wife. He's on his way to see her only to find her with another man. What proceeds after that is very suspenseful and heart pounding, but leads to some smoking hot beautiful love making.

There was only one thing that bothered me with the novella. There is no way anyone can spot someone across the street at a bar in Manhattan, like Shane did with Natalie. I live very close to Manhattan and have been to the city many times. There are just too many people for that to happen. But, I let it slide. Every author is allowed one mistake :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fighting Fair.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter So happy you liked it! I hope you'll read Liberating Lacey! Enjoy!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Gosh, I click on this stupid "like" button and it doesn't work. Sorry!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Ok, another try and this stupid button still doesn't work. Then I write it here: I like your review! Well done. :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Baba wrote: "Ok, another try and this stupid button still doesn't work. Then I write it here: I like your review! Well done. :)"

Yeah, I did it. Finally this stupid "like" button worked. LOL

Taryn at My Secret Romance Baba wrote: "Gosh, I click on this stupid "like" button and it doesn't work. Sorry!"

LOL! Thanks so much! That means a lot to me :)

That has been happening to me lately on here too. I definitely will be reading Liberating Lacey. Can't wait to actually.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Baba wrote: "Gosh, I click on this stupid "like" button and it doesn't work. Sorry!"

LOL! Thanks so much! That means a lot to me :)

That has been happening to me lately on here too. I definitely..."

Actually, I'm rereading Liberating Lacey right now. I won't change my opinion: LOVE IT!!!

Taryn at My Secret Romance Baba wrote: "Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Baba wrote: "Gosh, I click on this stupid "like" button and it doesn't work. Sorry!"

LOL! Thanks so much! That means a lot to me :)

That has been happenin..."

YOU are making me buy all these great books! LOL That's it, I'm buying that one later today! I caved!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Baba wrote: "Taryn-does it have romance? wrote: "Baba wrote: "Gosh, I click on this stupid "like" button and it doesn't work. Sorry!"

That has been..."

I'm rather sure you won't regret it! Oh, I wish she could write faster!

Kristen I loved this book too. Anne Calhoun writes my kind of steamy romance. Great review, Taryn!