Katie's Reviews > Monstrous Regiment

Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett

May 20, 13

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, humour, 2013, discworld
Read from May 18 to 20, 2013, read count: 2

A really excellent book. Just really good. Loved the characters, loved the plot, loved it all.

Previously read: Feb 8th-10th 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monstrous Regiment.

Quotes Katie Liked

Terry Pratchett
“The purpose of this lectchoor is to let you know where we are. We are in the deep cack. It couldn't be worse if it was raining arseholes. Any questions?”

Terry Pratchett
“Who shall I shoot? You choose. Now, listen very carefully: where's your coffee? You've got coffee, haven't you? C'mon, everyone's got coffee! Spill the beans!”

Terry Pratchett
“This was not a fairy-tale castle and there was no such thing as a fairy-tale ending, but sometimes you could threaten to kick the handsome prince in the ham-and-eggs.”

Terry Pratchett
“How can you protect yourself by carrying a sword if you don’t know how to use it?’
Not me, sir. Other people. They see the sword and don’t attack me,’ said Maladict patiently.
Yes, but if they did, lad, you wouldn’t be any good with it,’ said the sergeant.
No, sir. I’d probably settle for just ripping their heads off, sir. That’s what I mean by protection, sir. Theirs, not mine. And I’d get hell from the League if I did that, sir.”

Terry Pratchett
“I don't want unnecessary violence, sergeant," said Blouse.
"Right you are, sir!" said the sergeant. "Carborundum! First man comes through that door runnin', I want him nailed to the wall!" He caught the lieutenant's eye, and added: "But not too hard!”

Terry Pratchett
“The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it.”

Terry Pratchett
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Terry Pratchett
“Do you think it's possible for an entire nation to be insane?”

Terry Pratchett
“It's not lying when you do it to officers!”

Terry Pratchett
“The enemy isn't men, or women, it's bloody stupid people and no one has the right to be stupid.”

02/08/2012 page 69