BoekenTrol's Reviews > Last Train from Liguria

Recommended to BoekenTrol by: iwanttobeinital
Recommended for: bedazzle
Read from September 07 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: once
BCID: 8566695

I found this a nice book.
There's a couple of reasons why it is not a WOW, like I expected it to be.
First of all I was a bit disappointed by the story itself. It was quite slow. In iteslef, there's nothing wrong with that, but only when the book / the story got to an end the pace went up for a while. At least I could feel the tension that took hold of the main characters.

Then I missed the story of Bella now. I know thather granddaughter takes over her role (more or less), but I still think it is a shame that we lose track of her after she arrives in England and despite the search of her granddaughter, the events like they took place during the war were not uncovered.
I feel that somehow the story did not really do justice to the whole picture, to the life of Bella, Edward and all the other characters that played bigger and smaller roles in the book.

I did not expect a happy ending, a 'they lived long and happily ever after'. But to let Alec and Edwardjust go 'off at the side of the stage' and not mention them again, not even let there story be traceable for Anna who's interested in her grandma and in what happened during that time, I think that's a misssed opportunity.

The book was not difficult to read. It took me a while, because I just wasn't really that grabbed by it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Train from Liguria.

09/18/2011 page 68
09/27/2011 page 376
94.0% "Nearly finished. Then it'll continue its journey."
show 5 hidden updates…