♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐'s Reviews > Tamed by the Dom

Tamed by the Dom by Jan Bowles

My official review on The Romance Reviews

Ever meet a girl who has low self esteem and seems to have the worst luck in men? Does this girl also dream about a better life and successfully make the wrong choices 100% of the time? If you haven't met this girl, meet Katrina Masters. She blows back into her hometown of Fairfax, Texas in a Jaguar. She is a category 5 hurricane of destruction, leaving a path of the collateral damage in her wake.

Personally, if I saw this woman coming through, I'm evacuating as quickly as possible. I have no sympathy for this type of person. She's the stereotypical "poor" girl who is concerned with brand names, success and image. Her means to an end is rather sad and pathetic. I guess she missed the memo about borrowing money from a loan shark. Her lies and deception force her into a very bad situation.

Colt Donahue, owner of the exclusive BDSM Club Fusion, featured in Katrina's high school fantasies. All grown up, he's a self made man on the prowl for a sub. Colt rides in on his horse so to speak and saves Katrina from dire consequences. Amidst this drama infused story, there is a sad event which Colt and Katrina can bond over. They use this as a starting point to help her become a more self-sufficient person and ultimately a sub for Colt.

I categorized this book as GlitterKink because the amount of BDSM in here is minimal. What is GlitterKink? It's a new category a few of my fellow BDSM readers created. GlitterKink contains high-end elite clubs with usually the rich and gorgeous Dom/mes. If the club has reserved rooms, that is another tip off. Also, these stories usually contain very little actual BDSM. The sex/play content is generally your average kink.

One could argue there was quite a bit of BDSM in this book with the sex contract, BDSM club, light bondage, and some light punishment. For me, it isn't enough. Here's why. A BDSM club which has a fully stocked bar with people drinking and then maybe moving to the play floors is a warning sign for me. Alcohol and BDSM don't mix for me and very few of the others I know in the lifestyle. In a fictional story, yes it's nice. In reality, it's a recipe for disaster. I found many of the BDSM scenes unbelievable based on my own personal lifestyle experience. This is one of the reasons I rated it a two star. It has nothing to do with it being categorized as GlitterKink.

The main reason I rated it a two was because the female lead was disengaging. I couldn't stand Katrina and I wanted to slap her upside the head. Colt was a good man and I frankly couldn't understand why he wanted anything to do with Katrina. I can't fathom why anyone would want the shallow and messed up female. She has no redeeming qualities. I guess from a romantic standpoint, this works. A woman who is completely helpless and causes her own misery needs a real man to fix her up and keep her in line. Let the sexual spankings commence. Without him, she'd be a complete wreck or dead. I recommend this book to romance lovers who enjoy GlitterKink.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tamed by the Dom.