Ori Pilo Kerman's Reviews > The Solitude of Prime Numbers

The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano

M_50x66
Aug 04, 11

The author builds this story of two very broken people who deal with their harsh reality in a very wrong and twisted way. Then they meet for the first time and with their meeting comes the idea that somehow, probably in a weird and freaky way, those two crazies are going to get a happy ending. Maybe even together.

I loved the way this novel was written and the way every description of feelings and situations felt sharp and real. It felt like I'm really getting inside the minds and life of the two bizarre protagonists.

However, I've seen a comment that was very true: the ending gave me the feeling that Giordano made up this beautiful and touching story of two messed up people, while all along not knowing how to close it all up when the time comes.

Near the ending of the book there's somewhat of a twist which led my mind toward a few ideas of how this piece is going to end and I really liked it. However, when it came to the moment of truth, to the final climax that after it all the pieces should fall in place, the twist was roughly discarded COMPLETELY making absolutely no sense as for why it was even brought up.

Ignoring the very strange and vague ending which I really disliked, I enjoyed this novel very much (as I usually do with novels that give the tales of messed up people)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Solitude of Prime Numbers.