Kelli's Reviews > I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman

I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron

Aug 05, 11

bookshelves: give-it-to-me-straight
Read from August 04 to 05, 2011

You do not have to be of a certain age to enjoy this book. I laughed, of course I would have laughed harder if her and I were in the same boat but I still laughed. I also cried. The last chapter I could not contain myself. Nora touched a nerve with me when she began talking about the dealth of her best friend. It was something that has never crossed my mind but it is bound to happen to one of us and I couldn't imagine my life without her, and I instantly empathized with Nora in that moment. I could completely understand where she was coming from whereas throughout the rest of the book I merely was sympathetic to her trials and tribulations. I assume that I would have been able to empathize with her in every chapter if her and I were of a similar age but I didn't need to be to enjoy it, instead of reading the book and finding a sister or a friend I found a wise Aunt who was giving me life advice over a Cappuccino, as she saw it, and I ate it up, every little bit of it, all of it, right down to the last drop.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Feel Bad About My Neck.

Quotes Kelli Liked

Nora Ephron
“There is something called the rapture of the deep, and it refers to what happens when a deep-sea diver spends too much time at the bottom of the ocean and can't tell which way is up. When he surfaces, he's liable to have a condition called the bends, where the body can't adapt to the oxygen levels in the atmosphere. All of this happens to me when I surface from a great book.”
Nora Ephron, I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman

08/04/2011 page 9
6.0% "I love When Harry Met Sally for sure one of my absolute favorites and since Nora Ephron wrote it I thought I'd give this book a try."