Shdnx's Reviews > Kitty's House of Horrors

Kitty's House of Horrors by Carrie Vaughn

Sep 29, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, about-shapeshifters, about-werewolves, urban-fantasy, paranormal
Recommended for: Kitty Norveille fans who feel that the series is going down
Read from September 28 to 29, 2011

Ohkay, I finished this one way too quickly, but I just couldn't help it. It's been so long since I last read a great Kitty Norville book, and now that I've decided to return to the series, I had few to none expectations, remembering the rapid degradation of the series after the 4th book...
But this one was really great, and I was so relieved that I quickly decided to give it 4 stars, while I normally have to ponder on that for a while. I know, I'm getting soft.

There is one really great thing about this book: the characters. Basically Carrie Vaughn has gathered most of the (still alive) characters who ever played a significant role in the series (along with a few new ones), and put them all into a single book. Their interactions, decisions, emotions and everything was simply perfect. I have to admit, reading the book (backside) description, I was expecting some fairly boring story with a little bit of mystery and Kitty playing detective, but the book is far better than that. Really!

A bonus point is given because the author didn't go easy on the characters. I'll hint a tiny little spoiler here: most of them dies, and they don't die nice deaths.
Okay, I'm also kind of sad about this, because I would have loved to see them again in the next books. (view spoiler)

The story starts off as nice, slow and peaceful, and then from one page to another it becomes action-packed, suspenseful, but so much that I had trouble putting the book down, even after having read 40% of the book without any interruption.

Overall, an excellent book, gave me hope that the series isn't really dead yet.
Oh, I missed you Kitty!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kitty's House of Horrors.