Rachel's Reviews > I Totally Meant to Do That

I Totally Meant to Do That by Jane Borden

Aug 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011reads, nonfic

I'm having a bit of a hard time with the rating system - when I first joined Goodreads, I generally used the 3 stars for anything I was meh on, and 2 for things I didn't much like. But then I found I needed the 3 for things I liked but didn't love, so meh moved to 2, which feels low. All of this to say that 2 stars feels like I'm being quite negative about a book that I was perfectly happy to finish, but that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

About the book: I thought it was going to be one of those quirky funny anecdotal memoirs that are so popular right now. And I think the author thought that too. But it was unfocused, less funny and more introspective so that the Southern girl in New York stories seemed almost intrusive. The author can write, but I felt like she didn't know what exactly she was writing here.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Totally Meant to Do That.

message 1: by Marcia (new)

Marcia See, I think of 3 stars as being "liked', 4 is "really liked" and 5 is "loved". Though I still wish we had half stars.

John You pretty much wrote the review I came here to post.