Xiaomin Zu's Reviews > Why Does He Do That?: Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men

Why Does He Do That? by Lundy Bancroft

Aug 04, 11

For anyone who feel oppressed by spouse, boss and/or colleagues, this is a wonderful book to read, in particular for those who feel frustrated by intimate relationships. It is accurate, professional and right to the point. It tears off the oppressors multilayer of excuses, justification and rationalization of their oppressive behaviors. For the oppressed, this is a wonderful to gain some clarity in the mind. It also provides many resources for those who need help and for those who want to help.

It is very empowering because the author debunked so many culture myths about abuse and oppression which make it harder to blame the oppression on the victims.

When we decide to take a "neutral" stand facing a oppressive relation, we are in fact helping the oppressor maintaining the status quo -- which means we are supporting abuse and oppression.

I would suggest this book to all my friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Does He Do That?.