Jacob Aitken's Reviews > What Has Government Done to Our Money? and The Case for the 100 Percent Gold Dollar

What Has Government Done to Our Money? and The Case for the 1... by Murray N. Rothbard

Aug 04, 11

Rothbard argues that federal tampering with money depreciates the value of the dollar, thus increasing inflation. More money in the economy is not necessarily good. If I increase the money supply by 10%, then people have more money to spend on goods. However, in order to make a profit (or not go broke), the entrepreneur must increase his prices by 10%, so we are back at square one.

But it is more sinister than that. The FED, by means of controlling central bank, can create wealth ex nihilo, sort of like God in Genesis 1. The more money they create by means of fraction reserve banking, the less our dollar is worth. Don't believe me? Read a newspaper and see the results.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Has Government Done to Our Money? and The Case for the 100 Percent Gold Dollar.