Benny 's Reviews > The Great Derangement: A Terrifying True Story of War, Politics, and Religion at the Twilight of the American Empire

The Great Derangement by Matt Taibbi

Aug 04, 11

I enjoyed it, it makes me want to read more stuff by Taibbi. He does a good job explaining what people should clearly be mad about while maintaining a sense of humor. A very thorough explanation of how congress works, a fact check with 9/11 truthers, and a first hand experience with John Hagee's Cornerstone Church. I will admit there is a chance that Congress is for the people, John Hagee knows the truth, and/or the Truthers know the truth; Taibbi's voice sounds less crooked than all of them. It's a hard book to recommend, because on one hand, if someone takes everything Obama says as truth, they will be sorely disappointed. Most of the people who are neo-cons will never read a book by anyone who writes for Rolling Stone. This is his entire purpose of the book, after all. To show how everyone has become blinded by causes, most often of non-issues, while the real crooks get away with murder.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Derangement.