Jex's Reviews > Girls Against Girls: Why We Are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change

Girls Against Girls by Bonnie Burton

Aug 11, 11

Read from August 10 to 11, 2011

Girls Against Girls attacks the age old question of why are girls so mean to each other? It's crazy to think that one girl can ruin another's life without breaking a sweat. Tactics such as gossip, dumping, verbal abuse, and even the silent-treatment have become typical attacks in the high school environment and beyond. Severe cases leave young girls with life altering disabilities such as eating disorders, depression, paranoia, or one of many other mental diseases that carry on into adulthood. The question still stands: why do we do this to each other?

Author Bonnie Burton addresses the topic in a concise and straightforward manner. While I find it hard to believe that a teen girl would pick this book up on their own, I think that it would be a good resource for parents, teachers, and counselors to use to address the abuse that happens between girls. I believe this is a good book for parents to look at in order to gain a quick glance at some of the common problems among teenage girls today. A lot of the fighting between girls is overlooked because it is happening quietly or seen as a simple dispute between two people. It's not easy to gauge how bad the fight may be or how much damage it may be doing. In a way, guys have it easy: they yell, they punch, they forget....but women remember forever and man can they hold a grudge.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girls Against Girls.

08/11/2011 page 72