xJane's Reviews > Death On a High Floor

Death On a High Floor by Charles  Rosenberg

Aug 04, 11

Read from August 03 to 04, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death On a High Floor.

08/03/2011
13.0% ""[He] saw me to the door, and we parted with the usual pleasantries, including a mutual promise to have dinner sometime soon. We both knew it wouldn't happen, but its the kind of thing people in L.A. say to one another. No one ever really means it. It's just a more elaborate form of goodbye." Heh, I concur."
08/03/2011
15.0% ""If you put yourself behind the desk and leave the client 'out there,' it immediately establishes an implicit and important hierarchy. One that works especially well if the client is some powerful captain of industry accustomed to being in charge." Filed under: for future reference."
08/03/2011
37.0% ""There's something about living in Southern California that puts you in denial about the fact that it might be cold somewhere else." Word."
08/03/2011
54.0% "I don't have a fun quote for this one, but this is where I ACTUALLY am (couldn't figure out how to add this book on the mobile app…)"
08/03/2011 page 75
16.48% "Hmm, not page 75 but 75% done. Loving this book! Total trash. Totally what I need."
08/04/2011 page 75
16.48% "The phrase, "I admire your spunk," brings to mind an image I'd rather not have in my head."
08/04/2011 page 100
21.98% "I'll definitely read his next (which, according to the About the Author, "he is at work on.")! He's been an adjunct at my law school and I'm vaguely annoyed I can't get my Kindle-version signed. They'll have to come up with a fix for that."
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Charles (new) - added it

Charles Rosenberg Maybe I can find some clever way to sign your e-book. :)

xJane A comment on my GoodReads might be all I can hope for!

message 2: by Charles (new) - added it

Charles Rosenberg I think I have to friend you (what an ugly verb) to comment. But I'm not a regular user of GR so I'm not sure.

xJane No—I meant, that comment above ("Maybe I can find some clever way to sign your e-book."). Although I have been researching it (if there's one thing that law school taught me…), so it may be possible in the future!