Mark Sequeira's Reviews > Living Your Strengths: Discover Your God-Given Talents and Inspire Your Community

Living Your Strengths by Albert L. Winseman

Aug 03, 11

Okay, I'll be frank. I bought this book as the recommendations were glowing. BUT if you have already taken the Clifton Strengths Finder, then 90% is basically a repeat of that book, "Now Discover your Strengths" or "strengthsFinder 2.0" Note also that thecode for the test does NOT include the 30 page or so report that 2.0 includes - A REAL DRAWBACK as the basic test doesn't seem that helpful IMHO, where the 30 page is very useful and worth the price of the book.

Also, even though there is some good pointers regarding ideas for how to use your talents in church per strength, I felt the integration of the test, strengths along with gifts of the H.S. was very weak and poorly integrated. There was no good explanation and no direct connection to the fivefold ministry or the four placesin rthe Bible where the gifts are listed.

If you don't already have the book, I suggest StrengthsFinder 2.0 as you'll get the better test and extensive report FREE with purchase.

If you are a church looking for help employing your people's talents, there might be some value here but I'd rather invest in the StrengthsFinder 2.0 books to give out and have people report back how they feel their talents could be better used in service based off what they discover about themselves. Of course, gifting may not equal natural talents/personality or interests, but that is a whole other discussion and this book will not be of any help there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Your Strengths.