Jennie's Reviews > Crossed

Aug 03, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, ya, dystopian-post-apoc, read-in-2012, read-in-january
Read from January 08 to 11, 2012

I have found that many times the second book in a trilogy is full of building – leading towards the BIG EVENT that occurs in the final book. The middle book is usually less action, more introspection. This book followed that general idea, but also provided some tension and new suspense.

The love triangle/drama between Cassia and Ky versus Xander was present – but wasn’t dominating in the plot. However, one secret was revealed to the reader that has the potential to set Cassia’s heart in a tizzy in the last book. I wasn’t expecting that kind of secret, so it was a surprise to me – and one that has me really looking forward to the third book. Which I guess is part of the job of the middle book in a trilogy.

The travels that Cassia takes during the pages of this book brought out a different side of her – she faced more unknowns, and without the people she had grown to trust and those who had supported her as she grew up. I really enjoyed seeing her develop and push herself, physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I will say this – I don’t really have a preference when it comes to Ky or Xander. Am I weird that I could see her with either one of them, or even neither of them?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.

01/09/2012 page 137