Jenny's Reviews > The Lost Boy

The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer

F_50x66
Apr 03, 08

The Lost Boy, written by bestselling author David Pelzer, is about David’s own struggle in foster care. In this book, David has a conflict internally and externally. The internal conflict is how he feels sad and worthless after all those early years of abuse. The external conflict is between David and his mother. When David was about seven to nine, he excessively abused by his mother. Therefore, with the frequent visits she pays him at his different foster homes, she acts as though he is still worthless and ‘no better than white trash’.
On a scale of one to ten (ten being very good) I would give this book a nine out of ten. This is because it was very sad, but written very well. The first book in this series, A Child Called ‘It’, David is about seven years old when his mother starts to beat him very much. She would starve him for days, clean the bathrooms with toxic fumes in the air, and she even stabbed him in the stomach once. I personally think that the first book was sadder than the second. I would definitely recommend these books to everyone. However, they are very sad and upsetting. I think everyone of all ages would enjoy these books very much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Boy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sarah this actually sounded like he made up some parts. it was just a stupid book his first one was good though

Zahara In my English class a few other students and I created a blog on this book, and "A Man Named Dave". If you`re interested, please check it out! I would appreciate any feedback.