Dina's Reviews > Cut & Run

Cut & Run by Madeleine Urban

1918270
Feb 19, 13

bookshelves: ebook, m-m, netgalley, romantic-suspense, to-review, series-cut-run
Read on February 18, 2013

3 1/2 stars (rounded down to 3 stars because the story was a bit longer than necessary and the mystery was fairly easy to solve, which made me think that Ty and Zane weren't the smartest cookies in the FBI jar)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cut & Run.

02/18/2013
78.0% "I'm in love with Ty and Zane, but it's time this read ended. Editors, where were you when this book was written?" 7 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yep the mistery here really wasn't anything special for me too :SSS but it does get better from book 3 and so on :)

Dina That's good news, Blacky! I'll persevere through book #2 and wait anxiously for book #3. :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Yeah book 2... I loved it only because I was listening to the audio, and man that was awesome! But that storyline wasn't so great ahaha, but stick through it, book 3 is one of the best ever, and book 4 especially OMG! Ok I'm stopping now ahahaha

Dina You're such a tease, Blacky! ;)

Blacky *Romance Addict* Sorry, sorry, I'll stop :D

Holly I'm doing a re read of this one. I know what you mean about the mystery....not that hard to figure out. at all. lol

Dina Maybe we're just too smart, LOL.

Fani Och Dina, I'm a little sad here:( You didn't enjoy my -formerly- favorite m/m series too much!

Like Blacky said, you have to get through #2 to get to the good parts. Just hang in there:)

Beanbag Love You're not alone, Dina. I felt awful about not liking this book as much as my friends did. We can't coincide on all of them, I guess.

message 10: by Dina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina Fani - Don't be sad! I liked it, I just didn't love it. I'm still going to read the next book and see how it goes. I'm curious: what is your new favorite M/M series?

Beanbag - Yup, different tastes and all that. I see you didn't like it at all. Hey, not everyone is up to par with Josh Lanyon, right? :)

message 11: by Fani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fani Well, I'm sad to say one is finished and you've read it: Adrien English. The other would be Captive Prince: Volume One, but that would be more fantasy than romance IMO, not sure if it's something you'd like and besides, the last book has not been out yet and won't be for a long time.

I also started Special Forces, but though it started out awesome, the fact that they ended up having group sex made me stop it midway.

Also, I discovered Harper Fox lately, but I do think she's way too dark and heavy for your taste. If you're in the mood sometime, try her out.

I hope Ty and Zane win you out eventually, I think you'll even enjoy the latest books more than I did, they just turned too sweet for me and you know how I feel about that!

message 12: by Dina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina Ah, Lanyon, how I love his writing! Hands down, my favorite M/M romance writer so far.

I've heard about Special Forces, but I somehow knew it wouldn't be for me despite all the raving reviews I've read. You just made sure it isn't. Group sex, ugh!

Dark and heavy, hmmm... You know me, I like them sweet. Not teeth-aching, sugary sweet, of course. Just sweet enough to please my taste buds. ;)

message 13: by Fani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fani Well, Fox can be sweet, but first you have to go through a heart attack to get to the sweet part, and I don't think that's you:) You never know though, you might be in the mood sometime...

Yeap, I wish someone had clued me in SF. It seems I've read 1400 pages for nothing:(

message 14: by Dina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina Gasp! 1400 pages?!? *faints*

message 15: by Fani (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fani and that was only half of it:)

message 16: by Jill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jill Ty and Zane weren't the smartest cookies in the FBI jar
Ha,ha,ha! Exactly, Dina! :)

message 17: by Dina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dina Four books later, they still aren't, but I realized that this series isn't so much about their jobs - it's mostly about the development of their relationship. It took me a while to understand why many of my GR friends love Ty and Zane, but now I know. ;)

message 18: by Jill (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jill Dina wrote: "Four books later, they still aren't, but I realized that this series isn't so much about their jobs - it's mostly about the development of their relationship. It took me a while to understand why m..."

Yep! :)