Jane's Reviews > Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?

Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler

Aug 05, 11

Read in August, 2011

How the heck is this man still alive?! And functioning?! The book is written as Steven Tyler appears - made up of all kinds of different, disjointed pieces, but creating a single thing. The writing style is what I anticipate a conversation with him would be - wild stories, a heavy mix of swearing, scatting and being completely off-topic and plenty of music, meds and mayhem. I was beyond amazed - to the point that my stomach did uncomfortable flip-flops - at the quantities of drugs and women he consumed.

What provides a wonderful balance to the excesses are childhood stories and dreams, regular insecurities and his love of his kids. The book seems to be an honest look at how he led and leads his life - and he's putting almost all it out there for all of us to see.

If you're easily offended, do not read this book (although I suspect if you're a Tyler/Aerosmith fan, you're not all that easily offended.)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth I'd like to read this book, but alas I haven't been able to consume the last 2 books for my bi-monthly book clubs (I made it through the 2nd chapter with Little Heathens, but I've been working too many hours & didn't manage to make it through nor did I make it through Eat, Pray, Love for last Thurs. Book Club). It'll get better, just don't know when. So reading your review is the next best thing!